Call our Families Officer, on 0488369139 to discuss current vacancies and availability in your area. They will provide you with the contact details for potential educators.
Contact your chosen educator and arrange a suitable time for an introductory visit. We advise you to be prompt, as vacancies can fill quickly.
Part One of Enrolment:
The Educator will provide you with two forms (or download them here).
Please complete, sign, and return ORIGINALS of both forms to your educator, ensuring the actual start and finish times of your intended childcare usage is filled in, along with your intended start date. (This is now a legal requirement.)
Before you sign, please read the Parent Handbook (including the Statement of Fees) here.
When you return these forms to your educator, you must also provide:
- An up-to-date Immunisation History Statement (downloaded from My Gov via Medicare portal) For more information about immunisation requirements for enrolment in childcare, please click here.
- A copy of your child’s Birth Certificate
- Any Medical Emergency Action Plans required for your child eg for anaphylaxis, asthma
**To expedite the process, email all documents to email@example.com and then return the originals to the educator on your first day**
Part Two of Enrolment:
Submit your enrolment form online. (Click the pink link for your state below)
- Please complete ALL categories and sections to avoid a delay. Be sure to add at least one emergency contact, details of Parent 2, and details of your local doctor/medical centre. (These things are commonly missed.)
- Please tick the two boxes for medical authorisations (consent to a doctor being called, consent to an ambulance being called). We cannot enrol children in care without these two authorisations.
- Please authorise “pay by direct debit” and add your bank details (BSB and account number). Please note, there is a 75 cent charge per direct debit each time we process if using a bank account.
- If you wish to pay by credit card, please contact Marta on 0411055151 to give details over the phone. Please note, the processing fee for credit cards is higher than direct debit, dependent on who you bank with.
- Please note, there is a $60 per child yearly enrolment fee to cover administration costs & maintaining your enrolment in the Hubworks CCMS portal.
Please choose the enrolment form for the correct STATE you live in.
This is crucial.
Choose the correct pink link below.
Finalising the Enrolment:
- Once we receive the enrolment form in Hubworks, we check it to ensure all correct information is provided. If not, an Administration Team member will be in touch to complete missing details with you.
- We use the data from the enrolment form, together with the C4 Parent Educator Service contract, to formalise your enrolment to access Childcare Subsidy.
- This information is then sent to the Government’s Provider Entry Portal (PEP) and will trigger the PEP to send a confirmation request to you via your My Gov account.
- Please log in to your My Gov account asap and accept that the submitted details about childcare usage are correct. CCS payments cannot commence until you have done this.
- Finally, please log into your Hubworks account and verify the electronic CWA.
To remain compliant with Regs and Laws, your child can only commence with the educator once we have ALL your required paperwork in the office, and we have emailed the educator your enrolment form and paper-based CWA (complying written arrangement) to be signed. The CWA is a legal agreement between you as the Parent, and us as the Service provider
Should there be any issue with submitting your enrolment in the system for Childcare Subsidy, we will also ask for a copy of your Letter of Approval for Childcare Subsidy (CCS) OR Childcare Subsidy Summary showing the hours and % you are entitled to. (Can’t find your letter? See instructions below)
Finding your Letter of Assessment for CCS
If your family has already completed their Childcare Subsidy assessment, the person who has logged into MyGov and completed it on behalf of their family will be sent a notice of the outcome once Centrelink has finalised the assessment or claim.
If the family member has elected to receive their updates online, the letter will be sent to their MyGov inbox telling them if they are eligible, and if so, informing them of the level of childcare fee assistance (CCS) they will receive – including hours and %.
Please search your MyGov inbox on the home page for an email with the subject line: “Notice of Assessment for CCS” or something similar
OR Finding your Childcare Subsidy Summary
The individual who applied for CCS can log into MyGov > Centrelink > Childcare Subsidy from the menu, and then click Child Care Subsidy Summary.
Please download and save if possible, or take a screenshot.
The Childcare Subsidy summary table lists the Child’s name, Subsidy type, Subsidy percentage, Subsidised hours per fortnight, the annual cap, and withholding amount.
More about your CCS Assessment
Once you have received this information, you may find it useful to read the guidance about understanding your assessment and how it impacts your family available on the Department of Human Services (DHS) website here.
Fees & Charges
- If you wish to find out what your out of pocket expense might be per day, after Childcare Subsidy, visit www.humanservices.gov.au/estimators
- Childcare fees for care already given will be processed by us every second Friday as per your C4 Parent-Educator-Service Contract Agreement. Please ensure funds are available in your bank from this Friday through to Tuesday, as banks process the direct debit on their own timeline and it may take up to 3 working days before you see the funds leave your account.
- Please note, there is a small charge payable each time a direct debit is actioned (approximately 75 cents for direct debit.) The fee for paying by credit card is considerably higher. Please contact the office should you wish to pay your invoices by credit card.
- All parents must pay an enrolment fee of $60 per child.
- Receipt of your signed C4 Parent Educator Service contract at the Rainbow Bridge office signals to us that you accept the placement. At this time, the service will process the $60 enrolment fee by direct debit from your bank account via iPay Hubdebit.
- Please ensure you tick the ‘direct debit’ option when you enrol to allow RBFDC to process childcare fees on your behalf.
- A child cannot start in care until the enrolment fee is paid.
- Families are also charged a $60 continuing enrolment fee once per year, on the anniversary of your child’s start date each year. This covers administration costs and fees involved with maintaining your enrolment online with Hubworks CCMS portal.
**We waive the initial first year enrolment fee when families are transferring to us from their current service with their current educator.
Security Bond Deposit:
- A Security Bond Deposit must be paid BEFORE your child can commence care.
- A minimum of 50% of this fee must be paid up front.
- Please note, payment plans for 50% of the security deposit are available. Enquire with our accounts manager.
- The Security Bond Deposit acts like a rental bond, and is held by the service in trust until you give notice to cease care. The bond is then used to pay for your final bill. Anything left over is returned to you after the invoices owing are finalised.
- Our Accounts Manager will also contact you shortly after the online process is completed, with details of the security bond deposit amount you are required to pay. This varies for each family, depending on your chosen educator’s hourly fees, minimum hours and your CCS percentage.
- Once the signed C4 contract has been received in the office, and we have your consent to do so, we will debit your account for the agreed security bond amount prior to your child’s first day. If a payment is not successfully processed, we regret that the position may be forfeited.
- This security bond is equal to four weeks of your estimated OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES. This bond ensures educator’s are never left out of pocket for care already given.
- The Security Bond Deposit is made up of two weeks security deposit (this is the non-refundable portion), and two weeks to cover ‘the fortnight we are currently in’ as due to Govt requirements with the Childcare Management System (CCS payments to families) we process time-sheets AFTER care is given.
Please note, Rainbow Bridge FDC is not responsible for any charges relating to an unsuccessful attempt to direct debit fees from a family account (eg hubdebit fee, RBFDC administration fee of $40) . Hubdebit charges will be the sole responsibility of the family in question.
Invoices & Payments Due:
- Invoices are sent out every second Thursday. These invoices will be processed via iPay (Hubdebit) the day after, on the Friday.
- Please note, should a direct debit request be denied, rejected or cannot be processed through iPay Hubdebit as per normal, it is the parent or authorised nominee’s responsibility to ensure that outstanding payment is made within 7 days.
- A $40 administration fee, plus the Hub Debit iPay processing default fee of approximately $3 will be automatically generated and placed upon your account if a scheduled payment rejects. This fee covers the time our Account Manager must allocate for further administration to ensure educators are paid
- Rainbow Bridge Family Day Care Pty Ltd is not responsible for any fees or charges incurred should your bank account not have enough funds to cover the direct debit amount required for processing.
- ALL fees (with the exception of food levy if it is charged- see below) are payable to Rainbow Bridge Family Day Care Service office via direct debit on iPay.
- iPay payments can be paid by credit card, or bank account. (Unfortunately, due to higher fees, we do not have facilities for American Express)
- Please contact the office should you have difficulty in paying your account to discuss the set up of a payment plan.
- Failure to pay the invoice within 7 days may result in the educator having to cease care for the child until the invoice is settled.
The Fee Cycle:
- Educators submit their fortnightly attendance sheets to the office.
- The Accounts Manager submits these to the CCMS on the Monday after the end of this fortnight.
- We receive notification of CCS allocations on your accounts mid-week, and pay the CCS portion of invoice to your educator at the end of the submit week.
- Educators are paid the balance of invoice (the parent portion) the following Friday once your iPay payments have been processed, and funds have cleared.
- It is now law that all childcare fees and subsidies must be administered by the Service. Our business model has always done this, ensuring our educators can focus upon the children and their curriculums, instead of chasing unpaid or late fees from parents.
- Educators who provide meals (in place of you supplying lunchboxes) will charge a Meal Levy. A meal levy will be charged to you as part of your normal fortnightly invoice. Please check this amount on the educator’s C4 contract before you confirm your enrolment.
- If no meal levy is charged, parents may be asked by their educator to contribute a ‘food levy’ of not more than $200 per year ($50 per term if your child attends 5 days, $10 per term if your child attends one day etc.). This fee is charged on a pro-rata basis, based on your scheduled days of booked care on your C4 contract, to cover extra costs associated with providing organic/whole foods in “cooking experiences” in the curriculum.
- Educators who charge a food levy will put out an envelope for you to pay the food levy on the first day of each new season. (Four times a year- 1st March, 1st June, 1st Sept, 1st Dec)
- Please make this payment promptly so the educator can buy her bulk food supplies at wholesale prices for use during that term.
- This is the only cash payment educators can receive. All other payments MUST go through the office.
Other Possible Levies:
- Educators may also charge extra for cloth nappies, transport, etc. Please see your educator’s C4 contract for details before you confirm your enrolment.
Policies & Procedures
Please find the Rainbow Bridge Family Day Care Policies and Procedures here.
Please note, these are currently under review and the updated versions will be released mid year.
Governmental Frameworks for Childcare in Australia
Please find the National Quality Standards here.
Please find the National Quality Framework here.
Please find the EYLF (Early Years Learning Framework) here.
Please find the Education and Care Services National Regulations here.
Please find the Education and Care Services National Law here.
- We will always endeavour to find you childcare for the days you require in your chosen location.
- Please note, due to high demand on our service for holistic big-hearted educators, this is not always possible. We will try our very best!
- Once successfully placed, you must complete a number of documents and return the hard copies to your educator BEFORE your child’s first day of care can commence.